How’s your oral health tracking? This Dental Health Week let Withers Dental help you get your smile back on track with some handy tips and tricks. From the 5th to 11th August we are helping the Australian Dental Association encourage the nation to remember the importance of maintaining good oral health.
ADA developed an oral health tracker report card, a world-first initiative that documents and tracks Australia’s oral health status. With some of the alarming statistics being:
• 65% of Australians haven’t seen a dentist in the last two years.
• 50% of Australians brush their teeth only once-a-day.
• Nearly 40% never floss or clean between their teeth.
• 73% of young people (14-18 years) are consuming too much sugar.
From these statistics it’s now our aim to encourage and educate the nation on maintaining good oral health with promoting these key messages:
• Brush twice a day with a toothpaste that contains fluoride.
• Clean in between teeth at least once a day with floss or an inter-dental brush.
• Eat a healthy, balanced diet and limit sugar intake.
• Regularly visit the dentist for check-ups and preventive treatment.
We strongly believe in prevention rather than reaction, we encourage visiting your Dentist and Hygienist every six months to ensure your smile is on track. This way any minor concerns can be monitored and maintained before they become major! We also need your help in between visits to make sure your oral health isn’t falling behind when you aren’t seeing us and that’s as simple as making sure you are brushing twice a day, flossing your teeth, drinking plenty of water and having a balanced diet. Together we can ensure your teeth and gums are kept healthy and strong!
So from the 5th to 11th August be sure to follow our Facebook page for some amazing prizes and giveaways to help you get your oral health back on track! Got an appointment with us already during Dental Health Week? Well we have some fun scratch-it prizes for you to enjoy and every scratch-it is a winner!
At Withers Dental we currently have some amazing promotions running for Winter only, check these out here: https://www.withersdental.com.au/dental/cosmetic-makeover/
View the full ADA Oral Health Tracker report card here: https://www.ada.org.au/Dental-Professionals/Australia-s-Oral-Health-Tracker/Australia-s-Oral-Health-Tracker-Adults/ADA_AHPC_oralhealthtracker2018_adults_08032018.aspx